Day Support and Activities for Seniors
Care for Seniors, Respite for Caregivers
The Adult Day Center at Beth Sholom Lifecare Community serves adults experiencing a decrease in physical, mental and social functioning. The program offers health assessments and monitoring, assistance with medication administration, stimulation, socialization, a rest area, and caregiver support.
Adult Day Center at Beth Sholom may be right for you or a loved one, if the participant:
- is at least 55 years old
- is alert and ambulatory
- experiences social isolation
- needs assistance with activities of daily living that a caregiver is unable to
- needs assistance with medication management minus the presence of a caregiver
- exhibits poor safety awareness and requires constant supervision
Spouses and children of seniors who are acting as primary caregivers may find it increasingly difficult to provide adequate care for their loved ones during working hours, or are unable to provide care on a daily basis.
Our Adult Day Center provides many benefits to caregivers, including:
- Peace of mind
- Prevent or delay nursing home placement or more expensive care
- Respite from caregiving
- Care management and emotional support
Personal attention is given to participants with a staff ratio of 1:5. Our Adult Day Center is open Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Cost of the program is $65 per day.
Adult Care Services Provided
- Recreational events
- Planned activities
- Medication assistance
- Pastoral care
- Social services
- Hot nutritious meals and snacks
- Rest area
Optional adult care services are available at an additional charge, including:
- Excursions out of the facility for movies, lunch, entertainment
- Beauty and barber shops
- Gift shop
- Discount clothing shop
- Occupational, speech, and physical therapy
We are licensed by Virginia Department of Social Services and a member of Virginia Adult Day Services Association.
For more information, please call Beverly Stocks, Director of Adult Day Center, at 804-421-5455.
The program will be closed on major holidays including: Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, Christmas, New Years Day, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Thanksgiving.